Thursday, March 15, 2012

When it rains, it pours

During my first week in Brazil, I experienced the heaviest rainfall of my life.

When it started, the heavy pounding the rain created drove me the the window. As I stood there in awe, my sister ran into my room, handed me headphones, and ran out. I put them on just in time to see her run out into the yard from my window and embrace the rain while I listened to something similar to Mozart.

Soon I was standing downstairs. I stood on the threshold between our roof's protection and the pouring rain.

I was reluctant to take a shower, but somehow I reasoned with myself and I too, was out in the rain. I was SOAKED after 3 seconds.

Eventually a mini soccer game was started with me, my sister, and my younger brother and sister that soon joined us.

It was really fun, and just like that, it was over. Pouring one second, sunning the next.














Bem-vinda ao Brasil.

No comments:

Post a Comment